Wednesday, November 08, 2006

And the Schadenfreude* Just Keeps On Coming...

First Britney shows K-Fed to the curb, and now Donald Rumsfeld is stepping down...

This week is shaping up to be a most excellent one for schadenfreude!

This is almost enough to placate my frustration at living in one of the few states that managed to get even redder yesterday.

Sigh.
At least the rest of the country seems to be wising up....

Hopefully, this will mark the end of celebrity gossip and political commentary here at Bad Fortune Cookie.

Let the knitting, reading, eating and general blatherings-on about my life (and how inept I am at handling it!) resume...



*Oh - want to see the best use of the word "Schadenfreude" in a comic strip EVER? You can do so here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I was doing a little happy dance in the kitchen a few hours ago when I heard the news. But evidently, resignation or no resignation, Donald is still coming to Kansas to give a lecutre tomorrow, which my husband has to tape for CSPAN. Ugh!

P.S. and I'm inquiring about good belly dance teachers in Atlanta, just out of curiosity.

Anonymous said...

I live in a southern state redder than yours (and really, that is not a bragging point for me!), and I am so very happy to know that somewhere people want a change, whether it's a husband or politician! Thanks for the update. -- Stephenie

Kat said...

Lol- My Greman great grandmother used to use that word whrn talking about my grandmother (her daughter and law)

laura capello said...

hey, speaking of your life. what ever happened to that bathroom remodel?

(schadenfreude at its best)

Anonymous said...

yummy! one of my favorite words to prounounce and i love the meaning, too. so BK dumped the Fed, but i think it's groovy that she did it with a text message.