Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oh Happy Day...

I had hoped today would be memorable because of some Republican incumbents being elected out of office without so much as a "don't let the door hit ya" on the way out.
(And yes, that was the number one item on my "Sonny Do" list, Gov. Perdue...)

And hopefully, this will still be the case - although I am see-sawing wildly between feeling hopeful about the midterm elections, and feeling despair...

But I digress - even if the elections don't go my way, today is a happy one. Why?

Because Britney, apparently, is K-Fed up! That's right, divorce papers have been served*. Buh-bye! (Oh, and Kevin, don't let the door hit ya...)

Just so you don't think that this post is solely to announce the news about the implosion of Britney's marriage (Which, sadly, it probably is) I'll tack on the pork chop recipe, which a few of you have been nice enough to ask after. Once again, I am not sure where this came from, as it, too, is scribbled on the back of a piece of scrap paper...

This is so simple - truly done in about 10 minutes. But it tastes like you did a lot more work than that...

Balsamic Honey Pork Chops

cooking spray
4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 4 oz each, 3/4 inch thick)
salt
black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey

Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, then heat pan over medium-high heat.

Add pork chops to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.

Remove pork chops from pan.

Put the skillet back on the stove, and stir in the vinegar and honey. (Be sure to scrape the pan to loosen any browned bits.)

Bring the mixture to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring consistently.

Return chops to pan; turn to coat, then serve.

This sauce is good stuff, so you'll want to serve something with it to sop it all up. As you know, I recommend the grit. Preferably with cheese.



*I know I shouldn't care about this. But when I heard this on the radio in the car this afternoon, I was oddly elated. I do try not to delight too much in the misfortunes of others, really I do. But c'mon - this is K-Fed we're talking about here... I think that schadenfrude is the order of the day...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Can't wait to try those pork chops! Thanks for the recipe.

And HOW ABOUT K-Fed? First of all, I can't believe I care about this but I am thinking FINALLY that sorry excuse for humanity's 15 minutes is UP! If I never hear about him again it will be too soon.

Fill said...

It sounds like ya'll are down on the K-Fed. But you must remember that BS is the imbecile who picked him in the 1st place, and the one who flopped onto her back and happily got impregnated by him, not once but twice! They're both deserving of your schadenfreude.
: )

LLA said...

Technically, Caretaker, I know you're right. However - I love me some Britney. I could have so easily been trailer trash, too, you know. So, I'll always have a soft spot for her...

queen of wt said...

LOVE THE RECIPE! Sadly I will have to have my husband make it as I can't boil water.
You go girl and stick up for Brit. Us WT and close to WT girls must stick together.

laura capello said...

now maybe she'll stop poppin' her gum and excusing all her dumbass mistakes my saying, "we're countray"

Anonymous said...

My favorite bit was this from end of the article MSNBC.com:

RELATED STORIES

* K-Fed plays to almost empty house

Anonymous said...

Oh, and your balsamic-honey glaze sounds dee-lish. I'll probably never get a chance to try it on pork chops (unless the Villain renounces pescatarianism, which is pretty unlikely), but I bet I could make it work with tofu or seitan.

Anonymous said...

Well like Jeff Foxworthy says, it’s not that southerners are any more dumb than the rest of the country it’s just that they can’t keep the most ignorant among ya off the TV. When I heard that I was like it’s a bout time. I am amazed that they lasted this long!

African Kelli said...

And hello! K-Fed had this coming to him. You don't marry one girl when you've already got another girl pregnant.
Good grief!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday - the downfall of incumbents and K-Fed. Today - Rumsfeld. It is turning out to be a pretty good week, eh?

beki said...

Thank gawd Britney has come to her senses. Yep, she's still glorified WT, but she's from my home state, so I have to root for her.

Anonymous said...

so i heard, from another source in your peachy state, that the best person wasn't elected. wonderful to mention that with a recipe for pork chops, esp., if i'm not confused, then the man in question is part of the chicken kingdom? and you know, if the pork lobby found out about your post, they'd probably send you money.