Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's Going to Be Quiet Here for the Next Few Days...

Just thought that I'd give everyone a heads up that it's going to be quiet around here, probably until Monday or so.
Everyone is so sweet and considerate, so I just didn't want anyone to worry about the lack of activity...

There's going to be activity, though - just not here at the Fortune Cookie. I'm actually teaching at a preschool the next couple of days.

Substituting, that is - which will be rough, in all honesty. One day I've got five 18-month olds, the next I've got six 2-year olds. Which means everyone is going to be in full swing separation anxiety mode, and be scared of me since I'm neither their mommy, nor their "real" teacher.

Even knowing that it's going to be a rough couple of days, I'm kind of looking forward to it (esp. the day with the 18-month-olds - I love that age!) It'll be nice to get my toddler-fix in...

Then, after work on Friday, (it seems so strange to get to say that again!) Bubba, Schecky and I are loading up the car and heading to Beverly Washington, D.C.
Because nothing says "quality family time" like a 20 hour round-trip in the car now, does it?

It is a long trip, but I've got a good reason. At least I think it's a good reason. I'll fill you in when I get back...
Ooooh - very mysterious....

So - that's what I'll be doing while I'm not here over the next few days. And what will you be doing? Hopefully, you will be perusing the Flickr set I created - of the Big Fat Bathroom Painting Project. (Complete with notes, and snide comments!) Take your time browsing, you've got a couple of days before I return!

In the meantime - enjoy yourselves and your weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what they say about substitute teachers.....

Anonymous said...

20 hour road trip? After a day with toddlers? Can't say that it sounds like fun to me, but I hope you enjoy your trip and I hope the toddlers are gentle with you.
The bathroom looks great!
If you need a bathroom break or want a snack when your driving through NC, stop by and say hi. I told you before I'm not far off I95. (give me a call first though so I can pick up the socks & underwear off the bathroom floor)

Anonymous said...

Oh man who will give us the play by play of the K-fed Brit split with you gone? They said on “smut news” last night that K-Fed got the news of his impending divorce via text message. Can that be true?
Hope your work days go well & that your trip is fun! See you next week!

laura capello said...

what IS it with secret projects? i don't like secrets! tell me! tell me! tell me! argh!

Anonymous said...

Drive safe. I have my own road trip to undertake this weekend - but only 6 hours each way. But by myself and with two children under 6. So maybe 7 hours each way.

The bathroom looks lovely.
Cheers!

Kat said...

I too an subbing for 2 yr olds fri. It's my fave age.And have fun driving!

African Kelli said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your travails when you return.