...that I am tired of beating myself up about all the things that I am not doing*.
So tired of it.
Yes - it seems like I've got a bazillion things that I want to do/need to do/feel like I should be doing. But beating myself up over the lack of "get-it-done-edness" isn't helping me to get any of it done.
And I realized that it's affecting my enjoyment of the things that I am doing.
And that's just crazy.
Besides, it's SUMMER!
I need to "lighten up, Francis."
Stuff will happen when it happens.
And so, in this new, most "Summer of George" spirit - I present you with a short list** of what I have done in the last week:
- saw an advanced showing of the new Pixar movie Ratatouille
Words escape me when I try to describe how awesome it is. Suffice to say that Pixar has, against all odds, done it again. This movie is just yummy. The characters are great, the story is involving, and it is just gorgeously, gorgeously done! Go see it.
- got tickets to see the Police in November!
- went to a family reunion (Bubba's family) in Norris, TN
- made a Coca-Cola cake for the aforementioned family reunion
- attended the opening night for "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at the Fabulous Fox Theatre
A good friend of ours is in the cast, and so he got us fabulous comped seats! WooHoo! ('Cause y'all know just how much I love 'free.')
I'd never seen this show (or the movie) and I really enjoyed it. There was some amazing dancing... Plus the Fox is just the most ornate, amazing space - it's always fun to get to go to an event there...
- entertained an old college friend
the aforementioned 7B47B cast member...
We did some fun things that I never think to do, unless someone is visiting from out of town. I've got to stop forgetting how much fun it is to be a tourist in your own town.
- ate some chicken and waffles at Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles
All I'm saying is if you haven't tried it, don't knock it. I know it sounds weird beyond all reason, but damn it's a great combination of tastes...
Why do I only ever think of it when someone's visiting from out of town???
Seems like there's been even more than that going on, but that's all I'm coming up with at the moment. But you know what? - There's plenty on that list that I should be excited about. Much better to focus on the positives, rather than the negatives... I need to work on that.
Just typing this made me feel perkier already... I might even go sort the laundry. Which, sadly, is a whole different thing than actually doing the laundry. But at least it sounds like a step in the right direction...
Wonder where the hell my tiara is???
*A partial list of which includes:
- getting caught up around the house
- staying on top of blogs and email the way that I want to
- getting something (anything!) crafty done
- taking pictures (pretty ironic, since I've been researching new camera options like mad...)
- exercising, or at the very least getting moving again.
I pudged up while lolling on the couch earlier this month - and I'm finding it hard to get my energy and my groove back...
**A list with no pictures...
(see footnote above)