Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Don't Even Quite Understand This. I Just Know I Want One...


Kool-Aid Pickles.


I read about these today at Potlikker, darling Bekka's Southern food blog - and I couldn't resist passing it along, just in case you're not a regular Potlikker reader. Which, really, you should be, because she's fab and she knows her stuff...

My way of thinking is this: anything that sounds quite this wrong, has actually probably got to be pretty good.

Although, this line of thinking has gotten me in trouble before.

Oh well, if they're good enough for my boyfriend, who wrote the NYT article linked to above, then they're good enough for me...

10 comments:

rohanknitter said...

OMG. A kool-aid pickle. That just seems wrong. (But then again, I'm the one who doesn't like oreos or any kind of flavored potato chips. So what do I know.)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd like it because I don't like sweet pickles. Do they soak dill pickles in kool-aid? Na, I don't think I'll be trying it. You try it first and let us know what you think. That could be a good science experiment for you and Schecky, like the food coloring and carnations.

laura capello said...

eight words: double strength kool-aid and a pound of sugar

Anonymous said...

O.M.G.!!! That is the coolest AND most disturbing thing I've seen/read lately!! LOL =] Who'd have thought?? But then, when they started deep-frying Snickers and Twinkies, I think anything is acceptable now.

Anonymous said...

Maybe its like one of those things that sounds funny, but is really good, like beer can chicken or coca cola cake.

Sarah and Jack said...

No kidding, a pound of sugar? Blech. No wonder kids like them, lol.

MéLisa said...

WHAAAATTT!!!???? Bekka has a food blog??? How did I not know about this??

OGM!!!! I just heard about these on the radio this am. It just sounds so wrong...but then again I like fried dill pickles sooo....

Anonymous said...

no. He's MY Boyfried. Ooops. Boyfriend. I mean. Okay, we can share him. I guess. making my own gallon tub of these pickles is on the agenda this weekend. i so wanted to use the photos from the nytimes article, but i try not to "borrow" images. so i'm making these pickles, to nibble a tiny bite, but mostly for a photo op in another week or so. then maybe i'll bring them in to work so see whether anyone wants some. i AM dieting, so a kool-aid pickle is so out there....

Jodi said...

Seriously, I'd probably like those!

Chara Michele said...

Interesting! I think you should try one and let us all know how it tastes:)