Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Legally Blonde...

Happy New Year - Happy New Highlights...

*
Jessica, I love you so...

In addition to spending a delightfully self-centered morning of getting my hair painted, it looks like the rest of this week is going to be fun as well. It looks like some progress will be made on the list of intentions! Baby steps (of course, since that's the only way I do anything these days...) but I should see some accomplishment made by week's end - so watch this space...
Ooooh, mysterious!


*I do have to add that when I look at this picture I hear my mother asking "Would it kill you to put on a little makeup?**" Usually when she says stuff like this, I retort back mildly that yes, yes I believe that it would.
However, I do see the overwhelming photographic evidence suggests that a very good concealer might not be a bad idea.
Because sadly, I got a great night's sleep last night... ("sadly" because with circles like that, I should have been out partying with Britney and L-Lo.... I'm actually delighted by the night's sleep I got.)

Since I am a lousy girl, and I never know any of the good makeup tricks - help a girlfriend out? Anyone got a good recommendation for undereye concealer??? I'll swap you for lip balm suggestions - I'm a wunderkind when it comes to lip balm...

**She'd also be telling me that I need a haircut because my hair's in my face. She'd be flabbergasted to know that my bangs are this long and shaggy when I walk out of the salon.
hee hee hee... (My maturity level surprises even me sometimes....)

9 comments:

beki said...

Lookin' good!
I'm always looking for a good concealer due to my huge dark circles that never go away. I read somewhere that a yellow concealer helps to counteract the blue. I have yet to find one that doesn't settle into the fine lines.

MéLisa said...

Looking good! I can never seem to take good pictures of myself. As to the concealer, I don't know a good brand but back in modeling school (yup I said modeling school, good Lord that was eons ago, what a hoot!) they teach you not to follow the circle but kind of go straight across under the eye & then blend it in. If you follow it it highlights it. I never use it, I just let my bags go for the world to see. Or put warn tea bags on them, or cucumber slices.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I've been teetering on whether to get them myself.

laura capello said...

i was raised by a single dad.

there's many good reasons *right there* why i don't know how to wear makeup.

you have fun with that.

rohanknitter said...

I always enjoy going and getting my highlights done...it's fun to do something just for me, me, me!

I'll trade the dark circles for the giant pimple on my chin. Jeez! I'm not exactly 14 anymore. Guess I need a good concealer too.

Anonymous said...

Your highlights are looking good. It's getting a little freaky though with both of us liking Knitch so much and now Salon Red. I used to to go Amber at Salon Red back when they had JUST opened for business (think I was there the 2nd week!) and they where only in Candler Park.

Unknown said...

Your mom said that too! Maybe it's a Kingsport thing. I use a concealer that's a shade lighter than my skin. Seems to work okay. Also, moisturizer at night.

Anonymous said...

man your hair looks amazing.

i'm sending you something. :D

African Kelli said...

Gorgeous hair. Good for you!