(In a nutshell, there are headings for different life events - go to your iPod, set it on shuffle and the first 18 songs that come up are matched up, in order, with the headings, thereby creating your soundtrack.)
I always enjoy seeing what music other people listen to, and what comes up on their shuffle. I was impressed with how apt some of her selections seemed to be.
In fact, I thought "I bet if I do that, I'll get a bunch of crazy random stuff that makes no sense." But, thought I'd give it a try, just for my own personal edification. It was nothing I planned on sharing.
When will I learn never to doubt the MusicGods? Some of the things on this list are every bit as good as KatKat's. I actually laughed out loud a few times, so I thought I'd share.
(Although, I do have to admit, I am a little bit embarrassed, too: first of all, for even having some of these songs - much less listening to and enjoying them - and for just exactly where they came in my life. I'll let you figure which ones out for yourselves*.)
- Wake - Jambalaya (On the Bayou) (Hank Williams)
- First Day of School - S'il Vois Plait (Sneakers)
- Playtime/Childhood - Too Far Down (Husker Du)
- Falling in Love - White Trash Rap (Linda Paris)
- Fight Song - I Will Dare (The Replacements)
- Break-Up Song - My Prerogative (Bobby Brown)
- Prom - Wolves, Lower (REM)
- Life's Okay - Personal Jesus [Acoustic] (Depeche Mode)
- Mental Breakdown - You Know I Couldn't Last (Morrisey)
- Driving - Holiday Road (Lindsay Buckingham)
- Flashback - Monkey Gone to Heaven (Pixies)
- Getting Back Together - Me So Horny (2LiveCrew)
- Wedding - Too Young to Date (D-Day)
- Birth of a Child - Smells Like Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost & Brak)
- Final Battle - Fade Away (The Buggles)
- Death Scene - Monster Mash (Bobby "Boris" Pickett")
- Funeral Song - Sweet & Tender Hooligan (The Smiths)
- End Credits - Always Saturday (Guadalcanal Diary)
So, that's the soundtrack to my life, folks! You should do this, too - it's dopily fun. You don't have to share the results - I had no intention of doing so - but I hope you will.
And remember... never underestimate the RadioGods....
*And I'll also let you guess which extremely inappropriate song I'll be humming under my breath all day, as I return to my regularly scheduled list of all the stuff I was supposed to be doing today...