Thursday, April 19, 2007

A New Way to Start the Day...

Disclaimer: You all know that it takes shockingly little to amuse/entertain/elate me, right?

OK, then.

You may proceed and read the post below...


I've never been much of a coffee girl.

Oh, I've tried to be one of the cool kids; but I've never managed to get my tolerance beyond a drink that is essentially warm, sugary milk with the teeniest bit of coffee added in.

Which is not to say that I'm not a caffeine junkie.

Oh no, I need my caffeine - both Bubba and Schecky will attest to the fact that it's not worth attempting to talk to me until I've had some. It's just that my caffeine delivery system revolves around Diet Coke.

I thought that this was fairly common, but am now coming to realize that it may be more of a Southern thing - the inability to function until the first Diet Coke of the morning. Anyway, regional or no - I've got it bad.

So imagine my utter glee when I discovered this:

Breakfast of Champions

Diet Coke PLUS!


What's the "plus," you might ask?
Vitamins and minerals.
25% of my RDA for Niacin, B6, B12; 15% of the zinc and magnesium, to be exact.

How's it taste?
Pretty much the same as regular Diet Coke - maybe a little sweeter? It reminds me a little of the Diet Coke with Splenda. Definitely drinkable...

And I figure that when I couple it with my usual vitamin regimen, why that's got to be downright healthy!
Doesn't it??? :)

Good Morning, Sunshine!

Just look at that jaunty blue-trimmed label... So cute...

19 comments:

laura capello said...

::whispering:: i heard any nutrients in colas doesn't get absorbed due to something with the carbonation.

and yes, definitely a southern thing. my step-monster was all over diet coke from the day it came out.

shizzknits said...

LOL!!!

I can forgive you for partaking of the drink from the Evil Empire (says the Pepsi girl).

The only Coke worth drinking IMO is 'real' Coke from McDonald's fountain machine. I actually really dislike Coke, but the sodas from McD's are addicting.

Anonymous said...

oh how funny!

Anonymous said...

When they can make Godiva or Dove chocolates with a 'plus', then I'll be as happy as you =]

I haven't seen that Coke plus yet here in Tampa...I may have to try it.

beki said...

I've got to get me some of this!

MéLisa said...

I don’t know about the regional thing because it seems to me that there are an awful lot of folks here in MI that start the day with a caffeinated carbonated drink of some sort, my lovely office mates included. I personally am a coffee girl, but I gotta have my cream/milk & sugar to go with.

Thimbleanna said...

That's awesome -- Now we just need it in Diet Pepsi!!! Isn't it funny how we're all different -- r.e. Shizzknits -- love McD's but hate their sodas more than just diet coke out of the can! ;-)

Renee said...

I'm so with you on this one. I've never been a coffee drinker either, but I do love me some Diet Coke!

African Kelli said...

Sweet cracker sandwich, they are marketing soda as a health food.
I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

Shropshire Girl said...

lol!! I don't think we consume quite so much in the UK. Cola at breakfast? Wow! I hope you enjoy your healthy option from now on

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

I'm with you. No coffee for me but I'm unbearable until I have my morning cola.

Anonymous said...

I am OBSESSED with diet Coke. Must have it. The one thing that I craved & couldn't have when I was preggie!

Mama Said Sew said...

I too am a Diet Coke fanatic. I even have a Diet Coke charm for my bracelet! I read somewhere, years ago, that 12% of Americans have a caffeinated, carbonated beverage with breakfast. Glad to know it's not just me! :)

Nerissa Alford said...

What great news! I am a big diet coke girl. I actually like diet more than regular. I like the vanilla and cherry diet cokes. When I worked in retail I used to say diet coke, breakfast of champions. I am now an AM coffee girl, but I still love my diet coke.
Nerissa

Katie Jean said...

I just saw this in the store yesterday and wondered what it tasted like. Guess you answered that! haha

Anonymous said...

you are too much. i avoid the soda aisle just on principle alone, so this is news to me. i thought that southern women drank a quart of sweet tea each morning and that's how they got started with a slight caffeine buzz but a major sugar rush?

Anonymous said...

um..this is why i live by the saying:

cupcake + multivitamin = super breakfast

i didn't say it, but this would be my breakfast. :D

i'm a self proclaimed tea addict. Black tea, can't drink coffee. ew.
but i suffer from headaches if i don't have my 9 cups of tea per day.

Kat said...

I too MUST have my DC or I'm off no use to anyone.lol I tried it today and its pretty good.

Jodi said...

I also drink Diet Coke in the morning. And hey, if adding vitamins and minerals can make me feel better about consuming a bottle of chemicals...why not?

I discovered your blog because of the Boing Boing link to the hamster poem. I will return regularly!