Friday, September 22, 2006

It's a Peter Gabriel Kind Of Day...


Don't ask me why- the MusicGods obviously decided; as I was running errands this morning, I heard three different Peter Gabriel songs, on three different radio stations. Now that I am back at home (yay! too many errands make me cranky as all hell...) I decided to just stick with it. I do love PG... I highly recommend him if you're looking for someone to listen to today.

He fits nicely with the kind of mood that I am in - surprisingly laid back, for all the activity that has been eddying about me. It's just been one of those weeks - too much to do, too much running around, etc. Too much stuff I hafta do; not time for the stuff I wanna do. Usually, that has me cranky as all hell - but for some reason, I'm just kind of rolling with it.

This, I believe, can be directly attributed to the weather. I don't care about the official Autumnal Equinox not occurring until tomorrow - we're having a much-needed and long awaited cool snap here. This morning, I actually dug some jeans out of the bottom drawer**, and still had to come back in the house for a jacket. Additionally, saw the first red leaves appear on the dogwood this morning. I swear, these weren't here yesterday...

I'm not getting my hopes up too much - I know that this is just a teaser, and we'll get several "Indian Summers" that'll heat things back up again. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy it...

NOTE: I've really been away from the computer a great deal the past few days - partly because of aforementioned errands, etc, and partly due to some asshattery on the part of my ISP. Who blames it on the phone company, who in turn blames it on the ISP, ad infinitum. Sigh...
I've got lots of email to return, and lots of blogs to visit and comment on - looking forward to getting caught up!



**As a somewhat incredulous aside, I grabbed for the...um, how do I put this?... fatgrrrl jeans this morning. You would think that I was gearing up to hibernate the way I've been eating lately. So, fatgrrrl jeans seemed the order of the day. Lo&Behold - fatgrrrl jeans are loose??? Sweet.

Not feeling confident enough to reach for the skinnygrrrl jeans just yet - but nice to know that I'm not bursting out of the fatgrrrl ones. Which would have been my guess... < / overly girly discussion >

6 comments:

laura capello said...

fat girl jeans are loose? awesome.

all you do is call me, i'll be anything you need

http://tinyurl.com/rd9zk

Anonymous said...

If you stick with a diet of rambutan I am sure the skinny girl jeans will be loose in no time. :)

I'm on my way, I'm making it. I've got to make it show.....

Personally, Jen (sissorspaperglue) got me listening to Cyndi Lauper today. Ah, the 80's.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, great suggestion. the Rambutan Diet. You ought to submit a proposal to one of the major publishers and see if they go for it!

MéLisa said...

Saweeett! Loose fatgrrrl jeans! Gotta love that!

And all my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

Oh Cyndi....got go change out the disks in the player...

LLA said...

All very good lyrics, but the one that I can't get out of my head:

I want you close I want you near
I can't help but listen
but I don't want to hear
hear that voice again


And it goes without saying that Cyndi Lauper is a most excellent choice, as well...

Anonymous said...

In your eyes I see the doorway to a thousand churches.... that's my favorite.
I was just about to email you. I missed you and was worried the rambutan made you sick. Glad to hear it was errands and computers woes keeping you busy.