Wednesday, August 02, 2006

And Speaking of My House...

Well, what do you know - it appears that my house has used up a few more seconds of its fifteen minutes of fame...

The fine folks at Turner Broadcasting have been filming on my street, and my house has made it into some of the final footage...



Click on this picture of
my house to see a film clip




It seems that the TBS Pathfinders crew shot the bulk of the show's promos here. All of the residential stuff is on my immediate block - I can stand on my front porch, and see each one of these houses. I'm not sure where the basketball court, or the more industrial stuff was done.

Doesn't it look like I live in Mayberry???? (in the idyllic small town sense of the term?)

The still picture above shows one of the most visible shots of my house, but it can also be seen when the kid says he wants to be Bill Gates. And when you see the woman in the purple sweater? That's my monkey grass she's sitting in....

There is a larger size trailer at the TBS Pathfinders site - but it seems to be glitchy, and I can not get it to play all the way through. You can also get additional film clips by clicking on the individual Pathfinder Nominees at the top of the page.

The bulk of the filming was done on my friend Lee's house. And up until earlier this week, her house could have been yours! It was for sale, but they got a contract on it on Monday. I am saddened, because I really liked Lee and her husband, and I am sad to see them move (his work required them to transfer...) The black lab that you may see in many of the film clips is their wonderful dog, Miles.

This is the third time that my house has made it on to television. Right after we bought the house, we were approached by the producers of "I'll Fly Away" and they did a few days of filming in our back yard. During the last election, Mark Taylor - then running for Lt. Governor, now a Gubernatorial candidate - had a commercial filmed in our kitchen. He was not actually in it, though.

What does it say when my house is more famous than I will ever be? Is it kind of sad, in light of the fact that it's "fame" is teeny tiny???


OK, as an aside, I have to say that as I am typing this, I can hear thunder in the distance, and the sky outside my window is yellow. Yes, that's right, yellow. As yellow as Scut Farkus's eyes.

This can't be good....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to live on your street! Very Mayberry indeed.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. They not only used your house, but the commercial is just great too. Yes, it does look like the ideal street.

laura capello said...

When I grow up, I want a home with a big front porch.

MéLisa said...

I was going to say about the same thing as Capello! I love those southern houses with the big wide front porches. That is one of the requirements for my dream house.

How fun for you that your house is famous!

Fill said...

Woohoo! Go Mark!
Did they (any of them) pay you for using your house?