Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Born on the Fourth of July....

Born on the Fourth of July....


A good friend of mine, who dates back from my college days, requested a bear for her niece. She explained that she is interested in turning her niece on to "lovely handmade things, gifts from the heart" as opposed to all the plastic mass-merchandised crud from ToysRUs. Now, how could I say no to that???

She specifically requested a lil' bear in a turquoise sweater with a red J on it. I didn't think anything at all about the combination until I was almost done with it*....

What was unusual about this little 'un is that she is the first bear that I have ever sat down and completed in one sitting. Admittedly, it was one long sitting - she was crafted during a marathon movie-watching session: a double feature featuring Breakfast at Tiffany's and Reality Bites**. So she ought to be a spunky little thing...

And patriotic, too, bless her heart!


*Red, White and Blue!

**It was really a most excellent afternoon.....

1 comment:

laura capello said...

Cute bear!

And can you believe I have NEVER seen Breakfast at Tiffany's?