Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sick Day...


Well - I never have managed to get my sleep schedule back into shape, and I think that it has caught up with me. With a vengeance.

Long, boring story - somewhat short:
I'm going to bed at a decent hour. Some might even say really early. Then I'm sleeping horribly and fitfully. And then somewhere between 3 and 4 in the morning, I am just up. That's it. That's all she wrote. I am up.

This morning I finally gave up and got out of bed around 4. And I realized that I just felt....well, for want of a better word - cruddy. I've got a headache from hell, my nose is runny, I'm achey, my tummy hurts, blah blah blah. I've got such a random grab bag of symptoms that I am not sure if I am really sick, or if I am just fatigued beyond belief - but there it is.

So - I'm going to embrace this. Hey, if you can't beat it, join it - right?
I am taking a sick day. Today I will.:
  • nap, drowse, lounge on the couch

  • knit a little

  • read a little - I think Amazon is sending some stuff my way!

  • watch the two episodes of Related that TiVo got for me last night.
    (this will be bittersweet - I really like this show, but it would appear that I am the only person on the planet that has ever watched an episode. I'm not saying it is the greatest TV ever, but it is a pleasant little show with good dialogue and I like it. Anyway, I suspect that the "Season Finale" that is awaiting me is actually the "Series Finale" and that it will disappear without a goodbye - just like last year's Jack and Bobby, another nice enough little WB show that no one but me watched.

Sounds like a pretty nice little day, no? well, except for the feeling like crud part....

Oh, and one last note - about the trio of guys pictured above...
Aren't they wonderful??? Schecky and I did some "cat-sitting" for a friend while she was out of town. She left us these fab little finger puppets as a thank you. I had set them up on the mantel to get them out of the floor, and then a short bit later, I realized that they looked quite pleasing and jolly. So I guess here is a very tiny corner of my home....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Those finger puppets are cute and they look nice with the color of your wall.

Anonymous said...

Rest up and feel better!