Friday, March 03, 2006

Another Weekend, Another Sick Family Member...

Today Schecky woke up with a fever and a sore throat, so I knew the weekend must be coming. Since the beginning of 2006, we've had ONE weekend where everyone was healthy. Sigh. So he is home from school today, and we'll spend a snuggly time on the coach watching TV and reading comics. There are much worse ways to spend a day...

This, too, means that I'll be able to get some good knitting done. I probably have too many things going on at once, but there are just so many things that I am excited about. It's kind of fun to be able to rotate out between projects. Here's what is currently on the needles:
  • Baby Henry's chubby nameless cousin: All he needs is a second leg and his arms and then he's done.

    When he's complete, I think he is headed down to Florida for some friends who have a new baby boy on the way. He will be their third boy, and for a few short weeks (until the oldest has his birthday) they will have three little boys under the age of three. Yep, you read that right. Emily, you are a stronger woman than I!

  • The Irish Hiking Scarf which I started earlier this week. It's my mindless "I'm watching TV and doing this, too" project, as it has already become second nature. Pattern was easily memorized, and requires no counting. I'm already done with about 18", so I'm about a third of the way done???

  • A "mystery project" which I can't tell you about until after it's done and mailed out

    and of course...

  • the Monster Blanket....
    I went to WalMart last weekend and bought two more pounds of yarn, as I had run out. Hopefully, that will be sufficient to finish this beast.


Happy, HEALTHY weekend to you all.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your little guy feels better soon. Hugs and snuggles from mom are sure to be good medicine!

Anonymous said...

I hope your little guy feels better soon. Hugs and snuggles from mom are sure to be good medicine!