Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ugh...

I am paying the price for dutiful motherhood....

Scheck went back to school yesterday, after having made a full and beautiful recovery. Shortly thereafter, I went back to bed. And stayed there pretty much all day.

I am feeling seven different kinds of toxic this morning - all sorts of germs have settled in my head and lungs. Blegh.

Also, feeling a little frustrated... I am in need of finishing a project. However, I am:
  • Still waiting on Henry's eyes
    (I called the place, and the owner told me, completely solemnly, that they were on a slow boat from China!)

  • Still waiting on Squarey's pillow
    (owner of that shop swears she sent it out over two weeks ago - must be UPS's fault and she'll get back to me on it. She hasn't.)

  • Tired of the monster blanket - ugh - no fun! And I've added a nice bit over the last few days, so can set aside with little-to-no guilt...

So that leaves Fluffy's vest. Why haven't I finished that? Um - I think I'm a little scared? The felt turned out really nicely, albeit much heavier/thicker than I thought. The thought of plunging scissors into it is a little intimidating. But on the other hand, so what if I mess it up? At least I will have learned something from the process. And isn't that what I am always going on about with my preschool class? Looking for the "teachable moments"? So - I think that the vest will be my goal for the weekend.

Or it will be, once I get out of bed again. 'Cause that's where I'm headed right now - back to the nest....

1 comment:

Fill said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! (i'm testing your comments-email thingy)